Tuesday, February 24, 2009

State Supreme Court to Hear Arguments on Constitutionality of Prop 8!!!

On March 5, the California State Supreme Court will be hearing arguments in response to lawsuits that were filed against Prop. 8 after the election. In addition, they will be reviewing HR5, which was passed by the California State Assembly. The State Supreme Court has the power to strike down Prop. 8. That gives us 9 days to make phone calls and send emails to members of the CA Supreme Court, as well as local legislators, letting them know that they should not over-rule the voice of the majority of CA voters!
Contact Assembly members who voted against the voice of the people:

Dave Jones Assemblymember.jones@assembly.ca.gov
Paul Krekorian Assemblymember.Krekorian@assembly.ca.gov
Ted W. Lieu Assemblymember.Lieu@assembly.ca.gov
William Monning Assemblymember.Monning@assembly.ca.gov
Mike Feuer (Chair) Assemblymember.Feuer@assembly.ca.go
Julia Brownley Assemblymember.Brownley@assembly.ca.gov
Noreen Evans Assemblymember.Evans@assembly.ca.gov

Click here to find your Senators.

Click here for helpful talking points.

I encourage all my fellow conservative CA voters to make your voices heard! California already voted on this issue twice! This should not be up for discussion!

2 comments:

The.Rainbow.Reclaimed said...

I just called leno's office to make sure he was the author of sr 7. He is.

I couldn't help asking the staffer: Why does senator Leno think prop 8 violates the equal protection clause?

She mumbled off some answer.

I said: "The prop 8 definition covers everyone regardless of sexual
orientation, race, gender, etc.

Then I asked: How come siblings can't get married, but it's okay for
same gender couples?

She laughed.

I said: Really, why don't we let siblings get married?

She said: Well, I think it's unhealthy.

I asked: Why?
Then I started to explain, that measures could be taken to prevent the
birth of children with birth defects.

Then she went on a rant. And then she hung up.

I plan on telling my own reps this story, and asking them to ask Leno and other Dems why this resolution is even taking up CA legislature time.

If you'd like to ask Senator Leno the same question (or different):
916-651-4003

Laura said...

Props, Rainbow, for making the call and stating your case! I'll make that call too...